Dizziness and balance disordersExamination
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of dizziness. Thanks to modern, highly specialized equipment and qualified staff we can accurately diagnose and treat our patients.
We have a modern system to perform VNG and ENG tests:
VNG – videonystagmography
ENG – electronystagmography
We have two types of calorimeters (air and water) that allow us to carry out diagnostics of the balance system and caloric tests also in people with middle ear illnesses.
- releasing maneuvers in case of mild positional dizziness,
- vestibular rehabilitation in case of peripheral injuries of the equilibrium organ,
- vHIT – video Head Impulse Test,
- Cervical and Ocular Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP) Testing,
- Shift-OAE measurement (otoacoustic emission phase- shift test).
These tests are helpful in diagnosing the Menier’s disease, mild positional dizziness, labyrinthitis, the diagnosis of otolitic organ damage of the utriculus and sacculus, damage of the bony labyrinths, superior semicircular canal dehiscence, central disorders affecting balance disorders.
*in some of our centers
VIDEONISTAGMOGRAPHY (VNG) DIAGNOSTICS OF VESTIBULAR ORGANS
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PATIENTS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION:
- Stop taking medications for vertigo and antidepressants 7 days before the examination.
- Stop taking sleeping pills, including homeopathic medicines 2 days before the examination.
- On the day of the examination do not use contact lenses and moisturizing eye drops.
- On the day of the examination do not apply makeup/mascara/tonal foundation cream and false eyelashes.
- Do not eat 4 hours before the examination.
- On the day of the examination bring a certificate from an ENT doctor about the condition of the eardrum and auditory canals.
- It is better to come for the examination with an accompanying person.